How to Get Help
- In an emergency, call 911 for the police, get yourself and your children to a safe place, seek medical attention and call DVS for assistance.
- Be sure to take the problem seriously, it can happen again.
- Create a safety plan for you and your children. For information or assistance call 425-252-2873 (425-25 ABUSE). Collect calls are accepted and ALL calls are free and confidential
- The Domestic Violence Prevention Act allows victims to get legal protection without an attorney. Contact DVS or the court nearest you for assistance.
- Consider filing a police report. If no arrest is made, you may consider filing charges in a citizen's complaint.
- Save evidence such as photographs of bruises and other injuries, ripped clothing, etc.
What can you do if someone you know is a victim of domestic violence?
Listen to them, and let them know there are options available to them. Urge them to call the 24-hour Crisis Hotline number where they will receive victim advocacy .
DVS 24-hour Crisis Hotline (425) 25-ABUSE (425) 252-2873
WA State Hotline (800) 562-6025
National Hotline (800) 799-SAFE (800) 799-7233